Tuesday, July 19, 2011

FlyKly at TEICH


Me being a Vespa aficionado I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this gleaming white bike in the window of TEICH.  Was this a new breed of Vespa? A prop?  Why is it in the window of an accessory store?  I was confused, so many questions swirling around my tiny brain. This would not due.  I had to find out exactly what it was.  Allison the owner of  TEICH, along with her husband J.J. gave me the rundown.  They informed me that it’s the hottest new electric bicycle from FLYKLY, which happens to be owned by a friend of theirs.   Unlike a Vespa, no license is required and as of this printing you can still use it in the bike lanes.   Max speed on this baby is 20 mph; it gets up to 40 miles on one charge; has a removable lithium battery which’s means you can charge it anyplace you’d charge your smart phone; and it’s so cute.  Be green and still arrive at work cool as a cucumber instead of needing another shower from pedaling in NYC sweltering streets or waiting on the sauna like platform of the subway.  And there’s room enough for two.  If nothing else it’ll be a great conversation starter.
Visit the FlyKly store in Nolita at 19 Kenmare or go to their website FlyKly.com for more info. 

More on TEICH in a moment...








No comments: